- To provide educational outreach, whereby communities can learn how to protect and improve the lives of cats.
- To provide a refuge where cats from kill shelters can be housed, medically treated, and adopted.
- To provide a respite for those cats who cannot be adopted and can live out their lives in comfort.
- We value teamwork as a means to achieve common goals for cats.
- We also value our right as Americans to organize and speak freely for the betterment of cats everywhere.
Board President, CEO and Founder of Feral Paws Rescue Group
Paula began Feral Paws Rescue Group in 1999, and became an advocate for feral cats by starting a feral cat program at several state prisons in California. Paula was in law enforcement for 30 years and retired to do rescue full time in 2011.
Paula says, "Cat rescue is what I call stepping off into the dark side of the cats that are in high kill shelters. It is heartbreaking to enter a shelter and know that I can't save them all. It is through donations that we operate our rescue. We are contacted daily by shelters who would like us to save their cats. We have worked with shelters in Southern California and Bakersfield, as well as our local CCSPCA and Liberty Animal Control. We have pull-rights at shelters in: Madera, Chowchilla, and Tulare. We also participate in cat transports with different groups in Oregon."
A dear friend of Paula's once told her: "Paula you can't save all the feral cats. But be thankful for the ones you could save" ...and Paula realizes that this has been the hardest thing for her to accept, because she wants to save them all!
Learn more of her story and the history of the beginnings of Feral Paws Rescue: click here
We are proud to have a remarkable group of dedicated volunteers who keep us going in a positive direction, and especially moving forward with our mission for the advocacy of saving cats, expanding our programs, and in general being the wind beneath our wings. We appreciate them more than words can say.
CLICK HERE to see our Associated Angels.
If you would like to become a Volunteer with us CLICK HERE
Feral Paws Rescue Group is an all volunteer non profit organization.